Employee Assistance Program
You and your dependents are eligible for the LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which offers confidential, personal assessment and referral services through Empathia. The full cost of the program is paid for by Leidos.
For more information, download the Employee Assistance Program.
It's important that you and your household have access to confidential counseling and that your right to privacy is maintained. That's why your contact with Empathia — including counseling records and services — will be kept confidential, in accordance with federal and state laws.
Empathia will not share information about your counseling with Leidos or anyone else without your written permission. The only exception is when the life or safety of an individual is seriously threatened, or if disclosure is required by law.
For more information about the LifeMatters program, contact Empathia directly at 800-634-6433 or visit LifeMatters and enter the password "Leidos1."
You and your dependents are each eligible for up to five FREE telephonic or in-person counseling sessions per presenting problem per calendar year at no charge. If you or a dependent require extended mental health/substance abuse treatment, you may be eligible for benefits under your Leidos-sponsored medical plan.
EAP defines a "dependent" as any natural person (other than an employee) eligible to receive benefits under the Plan. In addition, with respect to EAP services, "dependent" shall also include any person residing with an employee on a full-time basis.
EAP counselors can help you with the following:
- Relationship counseling (marital discord, parent-child issues, etc.)
- Emotional counseling (depression, anxiety, moodiness, etc.)
- Financial and legal service referral assistance
- Help in dealing with work-related stress
- Counseling on providing care for elderly parents
- Addiction counseling (alcohol, substance abuse, gambling, etc.)
- Work/Life resources and referral programs for child care, education, elder care, legal assistance, identity theft and a multitude of other community services
Accessing the EAP
The EAP is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Telephone Access: Call Empathia at 800-634-6433 anytime, day or night, to speak with a professional counselor about any issue of concern in your life. TDD and language translation services are available.
- Website: Access LifeMatters resources on the internet at www.mylifematters.com and enter the access code "Leidos1". Look for articles, view webinars, conduct searches for child and elder-care in your area, and explore thousands of other useful resources.
- Email: Visit www.mylifematters.com and select “email” to request secure email contact with a counselor.
- Text: Texting services are available anytime, day or night. In the U.S., simply text “Hello” to 61295 to chat with a counselor. Standard text messaging rates apply.
- App: Download the LifeMatters app for quick, convenient access to LifeMatters services. To log into the app, use the Leidos access code “Leidos1”.