2019 Benefit Highlights
The benefits program supports you in making smart decisions about your health and finances. We want to make sure that you understand the 2019 program so this page will highlight what’s new or changing for the Plan Year.
Key Changes for the 2019 Plan Year
Healthy Focus Medical Plans
- The embedded individual out-of-pocket maximum for the Healthy Focus Essential plan will increase from $7,150 to $7,900 to align with federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) regulations.
- Update to Walgreens Smart90 Program – Starting in 2019, penalties paid for not filing prescriptions through Express Scripts (ESI) mail order or Walgreens will not count towards the deductible or out-of-pocket maximum. Additionally, participants will still pay penalties after they meet their out-of-pocket maximum.
- NEW Expert Medical Second Opinion benefit provided by Grand Rounds. For details, refer to the 2019 Benefits Decision Guide.
- NEW Diabetes Management Program administered by Livongo. For details, refer to the 2019 Benefits Decision Guide.
- Members will receive new cards for 2019
- Update to the Pharmacy Benefit to include a "Dispense as Written" clause
- NEW Telehealth Pilot Program which will provide access to doctors licensed in the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, and Asia
Leidos PPO Dental Plan (Administered by Delta Dental of VA)
- Leidos is adopting the Delta Dental standard reimbursement for Out-Of-Network claims which will result in a decrease in the amount allowed for reimbursement for Out-Of-Network providers.
Health Savings Account (HSA) (If you enroll in an HSA-eligible Healthy Focus Medical Plan)
- For 2019, contribution limits have increased to $3,500 for Single Coverage and $7,000 for Family Coverage. If you are age 55 or older in 2019, you can make an additional “catch-up” contrition of $1,000 directly to HealthEquity.
- The company will be providing more HSA funding to those individuals who earn $85,000 annually or less. Refer to the 2019 Benefits Decision Guide for details.
Mission for Life Wellness Program
- Starting in 2019, the incentive structure will change to five levels, each level worth 1,000 points.
- The amount of incentives a participant can earn will increase in 2019 - up to $300 for HSA eligible participants and up to $125 for Amazon gift card participants.
- NEW Tobacco Cessation program available for all U.S. benefits eligible employees effective January 1, 2019. For details, refer to the 2019 Benefits Decision Guide.
Benefits Decision Support Tool, ALEX
For this enrollment season, we are happy to welcome back ALEX, a virtual benefits counselor that will provide you with decision support as you prepare to make your 2019 Open Enrollment elections. For those of you who may be new to ALEX, this virtual counselor will explain the benefit options available to you, along with corresponding employee rates, and help you choose the plan that is best for you and your family. I encourage you to visit ALEX to get started.
Update Your Dependent Information in Workday (Spousal Surcharge Event)
For the 2019 Plan Year, the spousal surcharge will still apply. However, there is a change in the process for notifying the company whether or not your spouse is eligible for coverage under another employer’s health plan.
During the last Open Enrollment, you received a Workday generated e-mail notifying you that you had an open "Task" in Workday to update your dependent information. The task included a question asking if your spouse or domestic partner was eligible to be covered under another employer’s health plan.
For 2019 Open Enrollment, this will appear as part of the Open Enrollment process, managed in Workday and therefore will not be a separate task.
- If you have a dependent listed who is your spouse/domestic partner and you intend to cover him/her on a Leidos Medical Plan (excluding Tricare), you will need to answer the following statement to determine if a $100 per month spousal surcharge should apply to your medical rates: "My Spouse/Domestic Partner is eligible for medical coverage through another employer-sponsored health plan”
- Indicate "Elect" if your spouse/domestic partner is offered or enrolled in other employer-sponsored medical coverage AND you are covering them on a Leidos Medical Plan (excluding Tricare Supplement).
- Indicate "Waive" if any of the below situations apply to your spouse/domestic partner:
- Currently employed by Leidos
- Enrolled in medical coverage through the marketplace or a private plan
- Not employed
- Eligible for Medicare
- Not offered or eligible for medical coverage through their employer
- Not enrolled in a Leidos Medical Plan (excluding Tricare Supplement)
The Leidos Health and Welfare Benefits Plan (the "Plan") will be amended as described on this page, effective January 1, 2019.
This webpage serves as a Summary of Material Modifications ("SMM") and provides an overview of the changes and how they may affect you. This SMM supplements the Plan’s Summary Plan Description, benefits booklets (for self-funded benefits), and insurance certificates (for insured benefits) (together, the "SPD") previously provided to you. Please read this SMM carefully and keep this SMM with your copy of the Plan’s SPD. Please note, in the event of a conflict between the terms of the Plan document (as amended) and this SMM and/or the Plan’s SPD, the Plan document will control.